Jonah Keri, the lead baseball writer at Grantland.com, was kind enough to join me on the inaugural edition of the The Cut-Off Man podcast, the audio partner of this site. Here are a list of topics discussed on the podcast:
- The Washington Nationals World Series chances, Stephen Strasburg’s innings limit and what to expect for the Nats’ top three starting pitchers over the next few seasons.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates and their impending battle for a wild card spot.
- Mike Trout’s transcendent rookie campaign and what he has meant to the Angels.
- Manny Machado’s immediate impact on the Orioles post-season hopes and his long-term impact on the way teams handle super prospects.
- The New York Yankees and their relatively quiet year and their chances at sneaking into the post-season and making some noise.
- Whether or not this is the Texas Rangers’ year or not and whether or not Michael Young’s decline this year is permanent.
- A little Breaking Bad and much more!
As will be the case with all podcast episodes for this site, you can find my chat with Jonah on our network podcast hub found here.